Saturday, March 28, 2009

Potty training

I have to laugh at God's sense of humor. A few weeks ago I started asking God to show me how I might find time to potty train Avery. Between kindergarten, playgroup, Bible study, dance, keeping our friend Hadley, etc. I had no idea how potty training would fit into our schedule. She's 3 1/2 and totally knows how to use the toilet, but I just hadn't had the opportunity to push her all the way into underwear. Well, God provided me with an answer. We're on day 13 of sickness in our house. Last week it was a stomach bug, this week it has been fever and colds. The good news is that Avery decided to start potty training. Not only did God provide the time at home to potty train her, but He also gave her the desire to go through with it. :-)

At day 13 of sickness, Avery is fully potty trained. I can even take her out to Walmart, or some other errand, and she'll tell me that she needs to use the potty.

I think we're ready to be well now, Lord.

No comments: