Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Avery's first day at preschool

Yesterday was Avery's first day of 3-year-old preschool. She was so excited and did SO well with the drop-off. I did not expect that from her. She will be 4 in November so she is definitely ready for her own school experience, but she has been struggling with separation anxiety lately so I expected a big scene when I left. Boy, was I relieved.

When I picked her up at noon, she had lots to tell me about her first day. Each kid was allowed to bring their teddy bear to the first day and they sang songs about them, and did some teddy bear projects. She also had a great time with playdough, the playground and playing with old and new friends.

After preschool, Jeff, Carys and myself took Avery to McDonalds to celebrate. I dislike McDonalds so much (especially when I'm pregnant), but anything to make her feel like it was a special day. :-) We are proud of our Avery.


No comments: