Sunday, January 25, 2009

Avery

The last two weeks, Avery has come home from church and practically recited her whole Sunday school lesson to me. Her retention level has jumped immensely.

A few weeks ago her story was about Moses. We re-read the story together on her Sunday school handout. The next day I heard her playing with babydolls. She said to Cambria, "shut the door. The killers are coming." Then, she rocked her baby in her arms and said, "don't worry baby, I won't let them kill you." I was disturbed...wondering where did she learn about killers. Then, I realized she was pretending the story of Moses.

This week's story was about Daniel in the lion's den. What might come from that?

4 comments:

jennifer said...

I would be a little disturbed by that too! At least you know where she is learning it!

I haven't been reading you blog in awhile! I didn't realize you had switched sites so google reader wasn't letting me know you were posting. Glad to be back!

Alisa said...

The killers--yeah, too bad the bible isn't rated G... Sometimes, you just wonder how you can possible tell your child that biblical story without giving them nightmares! I'm impressed with her memory, it sounds like she has hit the age where you have to be careful what you say--she'll hold you to it!!

judahmo said...

Isn't it amazing how the things you hope will pass right over them sink right in instead?
Shannon

Lyz said...

You're kids are cool! I remember we used to play "Nero". Zach was the lion, Becky was the Christian, I was Nero. Thumbs down everytime. That's what you get for teaching children things. :)